Tuesday, April 14, 2015

In My Opinion: Ibotta

What is it?
Ibotta is an app that you can buy at the iTunes store in which you get rebates for buying certain products at grocery or retail stores. After a certain amount one can have their rebates deposited into the Paypal account or trade it in for certain gift cards!

How does it work?
It's pretty simple! Scroll through the products by category that are eligible for rebates then you click to unlock. Unlocking is achieved by taking a poll, looking at a fact, or watching a video. (They have to make a profit somehow right???) Then you go shopping! After you are done shopping you take a picture of your receipt and then way for the rebates to be credited to your account.

What do I think?
When I first downloaded the app I was pretty excited, however I did realize that I was not going to be stacking my rebates in a fast time frame because I was only unlocking rebates on products that I always buy anyway. After time the couponer clicked within me though and the numbers started to run and I found that you up to double your deals. For example, let's say you were going to purchase NAKED juice and it was on sale $2/5, you have a coupon for a dollar off AND now with Ibotta you have a $1.00 rebate. Add it all up and you are getting that NAKED juice for only 50 cents!!!  I do love getting products for almost nothing or even free.
My only main comment that I will make against the app is that they do not offer as many products as I would want. I hope that as the app progresses that it will be able to add even more rebates for products to choose from.

Rating???
All in all I would give the Ibotta app 4.5/5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment